The Business Development Director is responsible for developing and maintaining due diligence and quality control clients and assisting the operations team in ensuring each review engagement is successfully executed. Clients include community banks, credit unions, money managers, REITs, hedge funds, insurance companies and other financial institutions who originate, buy and/or sell residential mortgage loans on the secondary market.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Identify and establish business relationships with potential due diligence and quality control
- Participate in meetings to provide client needs and expectations to The Barrent Group’s operational
- Establish and support referral party relationships, to maximize sales lead generation for the services supported and offered by The Barrent
- Provide a detailed and accurate rolling sales forecast, including updates on key accounts and reasons for deviations from the
- Interact with the management team to provide feedback, insight and ideas that contribute to the growth and success of The Barrent Group’s products and
- Consistently bring potential revenue opportunities for The Barrent Group to the attention of management (new product possibilities, advertising, partner referrals and joint marketing efforts).
Six or more years of mortgage banking experience, with a minimum of four years in a business development/marketing/sales role. Strong mortgage industry experience and knowledge. The ability to identify qualified client prospects and convert into engagements with realized revenue, as well as effectively support the operations team to meet clients’ expectations. Proven track record of developing and executing a sales and marketing plan, understanding the market changes and being able to consistently meet or exceed company goals and objectives. Qualified candidates will possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ideal candidates will be passionate about achieving the sales goals and objectives of the company, and will be steadfast in their focus and determination to influence potential clients to use The Barrent Group’s products and services. (25%+ Travel)
Position requires a four year degree in marketing, business, accounting, finance or a related field, or equivalent work experience. An exemplary customer service orientation and attitude towards both internal and external parties is a requisite for this position. An ability to handle and accomplish multiple tasks and resolve competing priorities effectively is essential. Individual must be a proven team player, with strong initiative and flexibility.
Current relationships with financial institutions who are actively buying and selling residential mortgage loans on the secondary market. Multiple contacts is ideal. Previous credit risk management, surveillance and/or due diligence operations experience.
Significant exposure to various asset backed security structures and familiarity with various loan origination system platforms is a benefit.